top of page

What is brain based training?

Updated: Jan 12, 2020

In this article I’ll give you a brief introduction what brain based training is, and why it’s so effective.

I'm sure you have heard of stories like a woman being able to lift a car up because her child got stuck under it. Stories like these sound surreal because in a normal scenario, our brain would never allow power output like this. Yet we all have these hidden superpowers within us.

"We are only using about 30% of our potential. 70% are held back by our brain .“

Strength, speed, endurance, pain, flexibility, reaction time and more are all things controlled mainly by the brain.

So it’s safe to say that our brain is our main operating system that controls literally everything.

Experts in neuroscience estimate that we’re only using about 30% of our potential. The remaining 70% are held back by our brain.

Brain-based-training is the key to unlock that unused potential.

And that’s exactly where brain based training comes into play.

Because by training specific areas of the brain you are able to improve your strength, endurance, mobility, and more. The craziest thing - it usually happens within seconds, since the brain reacts very fast.

I saw things like:

- lifters put 30% more weight on their deadlift

- people get flexible like a gymnast

- endurance runners putting up personal records

- pain patients being relieved from pain

- and much more

How does it work in detail?

First of all I take a good history of former injuries and then let the athlete perform various tasks to get more data about brain function. I can’t look into the brain but I can observe movement. Since different forms of movement are controlled by different areas of the brain it’s easy for me to see what’s going wrong in the clients brain.

Movement delivers inside data about different brain areas

I let them perform different forms of movement that include drills for balance, coordination, reflexes, eyes and more.

Based on how well the athlete is performing on the drills I’ll figure out which areas of the brain are either over or underactive..

After the assessment we go to work with specific drills to optimize the performance software of the athlete’s brain.

Case study

Eg. I find out that based on my assessment the client has an overactive midbrain, underactive right cerebellum and right frontal lobe. I then design a neural training protocol that will hack his brain for performance.

I mainly focus on fine tuning the brain’s three information systems:

  1. The visual system

  2. The vestibular system

  3. The proprioceptive system

By optimizing these systems, you’ll be able to witness immediate improvements in performance, which oftentimes leave even me speechless.

260 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page